Who we are:
Umoja World Tours and Travel is an adventure and travel design company based in Uganda
that specializes in designing ideal, memorable & transformative tours and safari packages
throughout Uganda, East Africa, Africa, the Middle East, the USA, Europe and Rest of the
Umoja tourism refers to a unique form of unity within travel and tourism that centres on the
principles of unity, empowerment and cultural exchange within African communities.
The concept of Umoja means “Unity” which serves as our guiding and founding principle in
tourism denoting our strong desire for nature and wildlife experiences.
• Why Choose Us:
We do not just take you on a trip; we experience the journey with you. We value every smile
on this journey. We create lifelong memories and bonds. We offer a personal touch and
customize the itineraries to make each safari unique, wonderful and memorable and
perfectly suit your interests and needs no matter the budget to ensure a fulfilling and
enjoyable travel experience.
• Our Roots/Heritage:
“The Pearl of Africa” is a nickname from Winston Churchill in his popularized book, which he
wrote down in the 1908” My African Journey’ that further described Uganda’s stunning
natural beauty and rich biodiversity. Uganda is a landlocked country located in East Africa
and known for its diverse landscapes that include lush forests, expansive thick savannahs
and the iconic Lake Victoria. Here are some key aspects of Uganda’s tourism:
1. Wildlife and Safaris:
• Uganda is home to a variety of wildlife including mountain gorillas, chimpanzees,
elephants, lions, and a diverse range of bird species.
• Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is famous for gorilla trekking, offering visitors a
unique opportunity to observe these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
2. Lakes and Rivers:
• Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa and the second-largest freshwater lake in
the world and a prominent feature in Uganda’s tourism.
• The Nile River, the longest river globally, has its source at Lake Victoria and provides
opportunities for fascinating boat cruises, white-water rafting, and other water-
3. Landscape and Scenery:
• Uganda boasts picturesque landscapes including the Rwenzori Mountains also
known as the Mountains of the Moon, which offer breath-taking views and trekking
• Queen Elizabeth National Park, with its thick savannahs, lakes and diverse wildlife is
another popular destination for safari enthusiasts.
4. Cultural Heritage:
• Uganda has a rich cultural heritage with diverse ethnic groups each contributing to
the country’s cultural tapestry.
• Visitors can experience traditional dances, music, and ceremonies gaining insights
into the local way of life.
5. Adventure Tourism:
• For adventure seekers, Uganda offers activities such as white-water rafting on the
Nile, hiking in the Rwenzori Mountains and exploring the Murchison Falls.
• Overall, Uganda’s tourism industry is diverse, offering a range of experiences for
nature lovers, wildlife enthusiasts, and those seeking adventure. The nickname “The
Pearl of Africa” reflects the country’s unique and precious qualities that make it a
captivating destination for travellers.
❖ Umoja tourism seeks to create a positive and transformative travel experience for both
travellers and local communities by promoting, unity, empowerment, cultural exchange and
❖ We further aim to foster a deeper appreciation and understanding of Africa’s diverse
cultures and natural wonders.
❖ Umoja tourism embraces celebrating the rich cultural heritage of diverse African
communities by immersing ourselves together with our travellers in the local cultures,
interacting with community members while participating in various traditional activities like
music, dance, crafts and food with a core aim of promoting mutual understanding,
appreciation and respect between travellers and locals in every destination.
✓ Air ticketing.
✓ Visa application.
✓ Inbound & Outbound tour packages.
✓ Honeymoon and vacation tours.
✓ Educational & conference tours.
✓ Car hire services
✓ Hotel bookings and reservations.
✓ General travel consultations.
EMAILS & WEBSITES
CONTACTS & TELEPHONE NUMBERS
COMPANY CONTACT PERSON